We are seeking a Design Manager to join our talented inhouse technical CAD team in Bourne Engineering, Bristol. The role would suit an individual who has excellent steelwork knowledge and is experienced in manging the drawing deliverables on complex engineering projects. The individual needs to be a positive, very hands on and encourages, supports and values contributions of others and responds positively to requests for help from the broader BSL operational team. A key and primary requirement of the role is the ability to be proficient in the use and/or have good knowledge of Tekla Structures (core CAD software).
Reporting to the Bourne Steel Technical Director you will be responsible for the day to day management of projects, ensuring the development of drawings are of a high quality and fully compliant with projects specification, statutory regulations and drawing & design standards. You will coordinate, plan and manage drawing activities with the Bourne Project Managers, whilst overseeing project engineering (CAD) performance and distributing responsibilities amongst the technical team.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to join and become part of an extremely talented team and work on some of the most technical and prestigious projects in the steelwork industry.
Responsible for Sourcing, negotiating and placement of CAD sub-contract orders on projects and control payment system using Focal Point.
- Responsible for planning and the execution of CAD workload to meet the project demand.
- Responsible for technical production and day to day management of technical team (Draughtspersons, Technical Leaders, Technical Document Controller).
- Control and manage the interface between Project Managers and the Engineering delivery team, allowing BEL to function effectively.
- Responsible for Sourcing, negotiating and placement of CAD sub-contract orders on projects and control payment system – Focal Point.
- To deliver the engineering CAD activities within budget and on programme.
- Responsible for managing and delivering updated procedures and practices periodically in conjunction with BEL Directors.
- To enhance Bourne’s reputation for technical excellence.
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
- Group personal pension scheme
- Access to Medicash scheme
Candidates should send a CV & cover letter to email@example.com
No agencies please