We are seeking a Design Manager to join our multidisciplinary inhouse technical team in Bourne Parking at Ringwood. We are a team and we deliver as a team, therefore the role would suit an individual who is hands on and someone who shares knowledge, encourages, supports and values contributions of others, shares credit and responds positively to requests for help from the broader BPL team. A key and primary requirement of the role is the ability to be proficient in the use of AutoCAD to set out and develop the projects.
Reporting to the Technical Director you will be responsible for the day to day management of projects, ensuring the development of the designs are safe and fully compliant with projects specification, statutory regulations and design standards. You will coordinate, plan and manage design activities with the Bourne Project Managers, whilst overseeing project engineering (CAD) performance and distributing responsibilities amongst the technical team.
This is a great opportunity for an individual to join and become part of a successful team and work with us to deliver the future
Key role deliverable:
- Ensuring all designs carried out by or on behalf of the company are safe, fully compliant with project specifications, national standards and other statutory regulations.
- Production of AutoCAD drawings, both setting out and local details, as required to drive the design forward.
- Appointing, briefing and management of external Consultants.
- Co-ordination of technical content of Sub-contractors, Consultants and the BPL works packages
- Delivery of designs within budget and to programme.
- Provision of technical support to the broader BPL team on both live projects / tenders and development projects
Building construction knowledge, structural and civil engineering.
- Knowledge of the Building Regulations and associated standards.
- Experience of working with Consultants and contractors
- Ability to manage external Consultants to achieve project programme and budget.
- Understanding of CDM responsibilities for both the company and the individual.
- Ability to report against programme and budget.
- Ability to use AutoCAD for the production of drawings
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Group personal pension scheme
- Access to Medicash scheme
Candidates should send a CV & cover letter to Jeff.firstname.lastname@example.org
No Agencies please.