Reporting to the Site Manager this role will assist the Site Manager in carrying out the planning, management, direction and coordination of site activities carried out by the company and its sub-contractors, with particular focus on Health & Safety and house-keeping, in order to achieve and exceed the objectives of the project.
On small/simple projects, the role will carry out the planning, management, direction and coordination of site activities carried out by the company and its sub-contractors, with particular focus on Health & Safety and house-keeping, in order to achieve and exceed the objectives of the project.
- Carry out all duties in compliance with company procedures and to meet the project and role specific Key Performance Indicator standards.
- Co-ordinate and carry out the site activities or packages allocated to you to meet or improve upon the budgets and programmes set.
- Manage the site activities and in particular site welding activities of in-house teams, sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure their performance with respect to programme, specification, quality and other relevant requirements of the project, maintaining clear lines of responsibility and accountability within your team.
- Support your site managers and project/contracts managers in development of safe, efficient methods of work
- Ensure that sufficient in-house and/or sub-contract resources are requisitioned in good time to meet the outputs identified in the programme, including monitoring and recording of the outputs.
- Ensure the proper and timely completion of all records required under our quality, environmental and safety systems, and to comply with our company procedures for contractual and commercial matters.
- Support Responsible Welding Coordinator (RWC) to fulfil his responsibilities and satisfaction on welding quality.
- Liaise with Responsible Welding Coordinator (RWC) for advice and arrange new WPS/WQTC tests.
The role is site based and as locations can vary the post holder must be willing to travel and stay away from home as required
Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of steel construction methods and practice.
- In depth knowledge of site Health and Safety Requirements.
- In depth knowledge of site Quality requirements.
- Current supervisory level experience in a constructional steel site management role
- Demonstrable experience in the planning and programming of steelwork installation and welding works.
- Demonstrable experience in the production of Risk Assessments, Method Statements, and associated site documentation.
- Demonstrable experience in the operation of site Quality Plans and ITPs.
- Demonstrable experience in the erection of the majority of the steel structures and operations, in particular high rise structures, medium rise and city centre structures, low rise, truss and portal frame structures, rail structures, heavy civils structures e.g. power stations and refineries, refurbishment type work including welding operations.
- CSCS site supervisor
- SSSTS or IOSH equivalent
- CPCS Crane Supervisor.
- Full driving license
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Group personal pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Access to Medicash scheme
- Mindful Employer Scheme
- Company pension and retirement planning assistance
Candidates should send a CV & cover letter to email@example.com
No agencies please